In the evening we went to Tamayo's on Larimer Square to celebrate our achievement of reaching the registration goal. It was a very poignant evening, and we actually had several things to celebrate. Estevan was nominated to receive the Colorado Rockies Hispanic Adult Leadership Award. Fernando and I had September birthdays. And, of course, the baby was a cause for celebration. Fernando was actually not able to join us, but he left us a lovely letter where he addressed each of us individually. Here's what he wrote to me:
Rita – You have such an endearing heart and your aura is genuine. Everyone from the staff, faculty and students look to you for knowledge and support. I know when you’re around, there is a sigh of relief. I was also filled with joy when you said you were expecting a child. I send you a huge hug and all the positive energy and prayers because you deserve it. It’s your turn. This couldn’t have happened to a better person. You have a fan in me.
![]() |
| Birthday Surprise! |

No comments:
Post a Comment